Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Living and Managing and asking questions always helps.....

Living and Managing:
From stopping smoking to safe exercise and laughing your way to a healthier heart, here are helpful tips on living with and managing your high blood pressure.

Questions to ask your Dr about High Blood Pressure No question is a dumb question so ASK!!!!
  • What is my blood pressure reading in numbers?
  • What is my goal blood pressure?
  • Is my blood pressure under adequate control?
  • Is my systolic pressure too high (over 140)?
  • What would be a healthy weight for me?
  • Is there a diet to help me lose weight (if I need to) and lower my blood pressure?
  • Is there a recommended healthy eating plan I should follow to help lower my blood pressure (if I don't need to lose weight)?
  • Is it safe for me to start doing regular physical activity?
  • What is the name of my blood pressure medication? Is that the brand name or the generic name?
  • What are the possible side effects of my medication? (Be sure the doctor knows about any allergies you have and any other medications you are taking, including over-the-counter drugs, vitamins, and dietary supplements.)
  • What time of day should I take my blood pressure medicine?
    Should I take it with food?
  • Are there any foods, beverages, or dietary supplements I should avoid when taking this medicine?
  • What should I do if I forget to take my blood pressure medicine at the recommended time? Should I take it as soon as I remember or should I wait until the next dosage is due?
http://womenshealth.about.com/cs/highbloodpressur/a/hbpqadoctor.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment